1/19/09

Wed 01/14/09 - - Jack Frost 2, Bryan 0

Upon further review by the surgeon, the clot they are watching in the echo tests is stable. He stated that there is some evidence to suggest that it might have decrease a little bit in size, but for now they are going to wait until the results of the next echo (scheduled for Monday 01/19) before making any further conclusions.

Ava's feeds were increased to 27-calorie formula at a rate of 22cc per hour. Because of this, all IV maintenance fluids were discontinued - - a sign that Ava is starting tolerate the feeding regimen and will be ready for when her stomach kicks back into gear.

Further supporting Ava's progress was her weight - - 3.87 kilograms (8.51 pounds).

The day's highlight though was the weather. After a grueling day at the office, the Winter Blast which brought rain, sleet, snow, and sub-zero temperatures prevented me from making it back to hospital as I usually do. Papa picked up the extra shift and substituted in my absence . On a trivial note, I slept in our bed for the first time since December 16th (other times I have been home during Ava's stay I have made it only to the couch....).

No comments:

Post a Comment